Meal Prep Worker
We are looking for an ambitious Meal Prep Worker to assist in the preparation of freezer meals. You’ll perform routine kitchen tasks such as setting up workstations and ingredients, following recipe instructions, and cleaning and sanitizing work areas, equipment, and dishes.
A great Meal Prep Worker will be able to move quickly while maintaining attention to detail. You must be able follow instructions as well as all health and safety rules in the kitchen. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
- Follow the prep list created by Kitchen Manager and Lead Preps to plan duties
- Prepare meals by following recipes and bagging ingredients
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in recipes
- Seal meals in a vacuum-sealer
- Place and organize prepared meals into a freezer
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash, sweeping and mopping floors, etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Food handlers permit (can be reimbursed)
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a commercial kitchen
- Dexterity to be able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with good communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Very good physical condition and endurance; ability to stand for long periods of time and lift 50+ pounds
Starting at $14/hr